Annual Report 2006
Implementations and standardizations
- Locale Generator (LocaleGEN), a web based tool created to support the creation of locale files for CLDR, March 2006.
- OpenOffice.org 2.0.2 native port to NexentaOS, GNU/Open Solaris, Stockholm, Sweden, May 2006.
- Contributions to Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR) v1.4 , Unicode with the languages; Aka, Atsam, Éwé, Ga, Hausa, Igbo, Jju, Kamba, Koro, Lingala, Nyanja, Tyap and Yoruba, July 2006.
- Long Distance Point-to-point Wireless Link in the city of Fez, North Africa Wireless Community Training, Ifrane, Morocco, July, 2006.
- VoIP PBX, International Development Research Centre (IDRC) Middle East Regional Offices, Cairo, Egypt, December 2006.
- Making the voices of civil society heard, IDLELO2 Conference, FOSS Foundation Africa, Nairobi, Kenya, February 2006.
- Interactive Web Portal for the Irak-programme, Olof Palme International Centre, Stockholm, Sweden, October 2006.
- GSM Communication Gateway, Information system for small farmers, Pride Africa-Drumnet, Nairobi, Kenya, November 2006.
- VoIP for developing countries, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Cairo, Egypt, December 2006.
- Building Voice Infrastructure in Developing Regions, Chamber of ICT Industry, Cairo, Egypt, December 2006.
- (training unit) Communication Towers, Capacity building for community wireless connectivity in Africa, January 2006.
- (training unit) Outdoor radio simulations, Capacity building for community wireless connectivity in Africa, January 2006.
- (chapter) Kingdom of Sweden, Privacy and Human Rights Report 2005, annual report by Electronic Privacy Informaton Center (EPIC) and Privacy International, April 2006.
- (report) Resumen ejecutivo del informe anual de Privacidad y Derechos Humanos 2005, Traducción Oficial, Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) and Privacy International, May 2006.
- (book) VoIP-4D Building Voice infrastructure in developing regions, International Development Research Center (IDRC) Canada, December 2006.
- Review of Wireless Media Toolkit, Panos London, March 2006.
- Second Review of Privacy and Identity Management for Europe (PRIME), FP6 IST Project, European Commission Information Society (INFSO), Bristol (UK), April 2006.
- Second Review of Future of Identity in the Information Society (FIDIS), FP6 IST Project, European Commission Information Society (INFSO), Frankfurt, Germany, June 2006.
- Community Wireless Connectivity Training Workshop for Northern Africa, Ifrane, Morocco, July 2006.
- Curso de seguridad, Security Course, Introduction to security and cryptography, Fighting spam and viruses, Directory services and Web services security, Universidad Mayor de San Andres, 1 c.u., La Paz, Bolivia, October 2006.
- Community Wireless Training Workshop, Community Wireless Resource Centre, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda, November 2006.
Projects and Awards
- Community Wireless Resource Centre, International Development Research Centre (IDRC) Canada, Makerere University, Uganda, 2006-2007
- Rural Wireless ISP, Fantsuam Foundation, International Research Centre (IDRC) Canada, Kafanchan, Nigeria, 2006-2007
- Drumnet, International Research Centre (IDRC) Canada, Nairobi, Kenya, 2006-2008.
- Stockholm Challenge Awards 2006, Education, Kilinux, Swahili Localization, May 2006.